- This event has passed.
Shofar in the Street with Chabad of Lakeview
Shofar In The Street
Chabad East Lakeview will be here for every Jew in our community to enable them to celebrate Rosh Hashanah in a safe, enjoyable and meaningful way.
In addition to our two indoor services (early morning and regular – click here for the info) Rabbi Dovid and a group of volunteers will be going around all of Lakeview to blow the Shofar.
Being that the first day of Rosh Hashanah is on Shabbos, we do not blow Shofar on Shabbos. We will be offering the Shofar blowing at 11 Locations on the 2nd day of Rosh Hashanah, Sunday, Sept 20.
If you are not able to make it to one of these, or not comfortable going outside, we will arrange for someone to blow the Shofar outside your home.
Email Chabad at: Info@JewishLakeview.com to arrange.
There is no charge for any of these services.
See below a list of the locations for Sunday, Sept 20.
Come hear the Shofar at a street corner near you!
- 1:00 pm: Outside Chabad – 615 W. Wellington Ave.
- 1:30 pm: The park at Wellington & Lake Shore
- 2:15 pm: Wellington & Southport/Lincoln (the 5 corners)
- 2:45 pm: Corner of Lincoln/Marshfield/School st
- 3:15 pm: Sheil Park on Southport
- 3:45 pm: Gallagher Way
- 4:15 pm: Outside of Gill Park
- 4:45 pm: Outside of Best Western on Broadway
- 5:10 pm: Outside of Nettelhorst School on Melrose
- 5:45 pm: The main Shofar service at Tashlich – at ‘Boat Park Playground’ by Roscoe & the Lake
- 6:40 pm: Last Shofar blowing: Belmont and the Lake
- September 20
- Event Categories:
- Events, Holiday Event, Socially Distanced
- Chicago, IL United States + Google Map
September 24 @ 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 11:00 AM, repeating until September 25, 2020
September 24 @ 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM