Not all Jews live in the City of Chicago – Find Jewish Life in the Chicago Suburbs
Looking for a place to learn about all things Jewish going on in the suburbs of Chicago for young people? Find more information for Young Family-specific programming and content here.
ChiTribe is working to expand our reach from city to Suburbs. We know there is a need in the surrounding suburbs and driving or taking the train downtown is not ideal for most people.
There are many 20 somethings and 30 somethings living and loving life in the Burbs. Scroll down to see all the upcoming events! Subscribe for more. Let us know what you are looking for by filling out the survey at the bottom of this page!
Upcoming Suburban Events
The Return of the Firesnakes: Concert and Pool Party
ChiTribe Shabbat Hike + Picnic Busse Woods
ChiTribe Jewish Speed Dating: Suburban Edition
Summer 2023 in the Suburbs
ChiTribe is excited to bring you an amazing summer of Jewish life in the Chicago suburbs! After launching just a year ago in July at Busse Woods and hosting almost 10 successful programs, we’ve got a fantastic lineup of events tailored for 20s and 30s. For more information on location and updates, visit www.chitribe.org/suburbs.
- Friday, May 26, Shabbat Picnic in the Park at Maplewood Park in Deerfield Register Here>>
- Saturday, May 13 – Saturday Game Night (SGN): Bring your favorite board games and friends for a night of schmoozing and gameplay from 7-10pm at Beth Judaea.
- Saturday, June 17 – Shabbat Hike + Picnic: Enjoy a scenic hike, followed by a picnic and games at the beautiful Busse Woods – all for FREE!
- July 9 – Jewish Speed Dating Suburban Edition: Meet your match during our speed dating event for ages 21-36 at a soon-to-be-announced location.
- Saturday, July 22 – Havdalah Bonfire: Sing camp songs and indulge in s’mores with kosher marshmallows at our cozy Havdalah Bonfire, 8pm, location TBD ($5).
- Saturday, August 19 – Happy Hour: Sip and socialize at our happy hour event from 5-7pm, featuring a bar with a great outdoor venue, location TBD ($5)
May Shabbat in the Burbs | April 28, 2023 | Maplewood Park, Deerfield IL | 7-9pm
There are SO many 20-somethings and 30-somethings living and loving life in the Burbs and we want to make the Jewish community easier. Join ChiTribe in the Burbs on May 26 at Maplewood Park located at 900 Clay Ct, Deerfield, IL 6 from 7-9 pm by RSVP-ing on OneTable.
Rebecca is hosting
ChiTribe in the Burbs Shabbat Dinner in the Park
LOCATION: Maplewood Park, 900 Clay Ct, Deerfield, IL 60015
BYO- Picnic: Picnic blanket, veggie side to share or dessert!
What are you looking for in the Burbs?This form is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later.
ChiTribe in the Burbs Launched Summer 2022
ChiTribe’s first program in the Burbs was a HUGE SUCCESS! We started with a fantastic event catered by Schmaltz and Vinegear and the lovely Chef Jessica. From the first event, we saw 40 new people who are looking to connect. Since then, we have hosted happy hours and Shabbat dinners engaging over 200 Jewish adults in their 20s and 30s+ living in the burbs.