The Jewish Breast and Ovarian Cancer Community
TITLE: Midwest Regional Director
REPORTS TO: Chief Regional Officer
FULL TIME POSITION FOR A CHICAGOLAND RESIDENT
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Midwest Regional Director will lead the next stage of growth by expanding Sharsheret’s presence, increasing awareness, and maximizing impact in Illinois and the Midwestern states in conjunction with our strategic plan.
● Create community outreach and education programs that raise awareness about the unique issues of Jewish women and families at increased risk for hereditary breast cancer and ovarian cancer – this includes current and new/innovative program models
● Cultivate potential and existing individual stakeholders and organizational partners including health care professionals, major medical centers and their donations offices, local foundations, and Jewish, campus and cancer organizations
● Manage portfolio of major gift donors including the identification and solicitation of prospects
● Oversee annual Chicago fundraising event and grassroots fundraising programs
● Recruit new communal and campus-based Sharsheret program participants
● Supervise 1 outreach professional to ensure that the office meets fundraising and outreach objectives as identified annually
● Cultivate a team of all regional staff members, including clinical staff members
● Manage and provide leadership development opportunities for the Community Advisory Committee and other regional lay leaders
● Represent Sharsheret at local conferences, parlor meetings, and campus events
● 6-8 years’ experience in program development, networking, fundraising, and community organizing
● Passion for issues related to breast cancer, ovarian cancer, women’s health, and the Jewish community
● Ability to manage multiple tasks in remote-working, fast-paced environment
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Understanding of the broader Jewish and healthcare communities
● Must be available for evening and weekend programs
● Must be available to travel periodically
● Master’s degree a plus
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No telephone calls please. Extensive benefits package and salary ($85,000 – $95,000) commensurate with experience.
Sharsheret provides equal employment opportunities to all candidates regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, creed, religion, political belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or age.
To apply for this job please visit sharsheret.org.